The EAA Air Academy is a fun-filled aviation camp experience for youth ages 12-18. Since 1984 experienced instructors and dedicated staff have shared the knowledge and lore of aviation through hands-on workshop, classroom, and outdoor experiences. This year Chapter 237 is again sponsoring three EAA Air Academy scholarships as follows:
- Young Eagles Camp Session 2 - July 11-15, 2017 - Ages 12-13 **
- Basic Air Academy Camp Session 1 - June 19-24, 2017 - Ages 14-15 **
- Advanced Air Academy Camp Session 1 - July 18-26, 2017 - Ages 16-18 **
** The age range listed for each camp is the age you should be on the first day of camp.
The scholarship from the chapter covers the cost of the session which includes all instruction, materials, meals and lodging in the beautiful EAA Air Academy Lodge, located at Pioneer Airport on the grounds of the EAA AirVenture Museum at Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Transportation to and from Oshkosh is the responsibility of the applicant, with free pick-up provided from the Appleton, Wisconsin airport. All necessary Oshkosh area transportation is provided in EAA vehicles.
To apply for these scholarships write a 1-2 page application letter to the chapter's scholarship coordinator (address below) and include the following information:
- Your first and last name.
- Parents/guardians name, email address and phone number.
- Mailing address.
- Your age and birthdate.
- Tell us why you would like to attend the EAA Air Academy.
- Include what aviation experiences, education, or training you have to date.
- Include what you would like to gain from your EAA Air Academy experience.
- List what aviation related career goals you have that could be further advanced from your experience attending the EAA Air Academy.
Mail your application letter no later than January 31, 2017 to the following address:
EAA Chapter 237
8891 Airport Road NE, Box C-12
Blaine, MN 55449
For more information on the EAA Air Academy camps please click here